Here are the reasons which may be the cause of cracks on your wall:
1. Poor Workmanship.
2. Improper curing.
3. Higher thickness of plaster.
4. Use of very fine sand to make mortar i.e., higher silt content or use of sand, which is not graded properly.
5. Shrinkage in blocks or poor quality of blocks may also cause a crack in a wall
6. Continuous vibration or frequent hit by a hammer for nailing may also be a reason for cracks in a wall.
7. The temperature at the time of the application of plaster. i.e., shrinkage cracks are more prone in the summer season than the winter.